Home / services / U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can be difficult to navigate. As your representative, I will try to help you to secure answers relating to the process of becoming a United States Citizen, renewing your Permanent Resident (Green) Card and other questions you may have relating to USCIS.

If you are still in need of assistance after reviewing the resources below, my staff and I are more than willing to assist you. I will first need you to complete the Immigration Privacy Authorization Form in order for us to contact USCIS on your behalf. Email completed forms to Alicia Wolfe or you can mail or fax them to: 

Congressman David G. Valadao
101 North Irwin Street
Suite 110 B
Hanford, California 93230
Fax: (559) 582-5527

If you wish, you may also call my Hanford Office for additional information and assistance.


United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

USCIS National Customer Service

United States Intercountry Adoption


Frequently Asked Questions

What services are provided by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)?
The USCIS can assist you with becoming a United States citizen, applying for temporary and permanent residency, working in the United States, and with international adoptions.

How can Congressman Valadao assist me when I have a problem with the USCIS?
If you have been unsuccessful in your efforts to resolve a matter with USCIS officials directly or have been unable to obtain from the USCIS the status of your pending application, I can contact USCIS officials in your behalf to obtain the status of a pending applications or to obtain information that you need.

Before I can contact the USCIS regarding your situation, the following information will need to be provided to my office:

  • Your full name (all surnames if there are multiple)
  • The date and place (USCIS office location) where you filed your application
  • The number and/or title of the application you filed
  • A copy of your USCIS receipt or any USCIS correspondence that may be helpful
  • Your Alien Registration number (A#) or your USCIS receipt number (for this area of the county, most of the numbers start with WAC)
  • Your current address and any previous addresses which may have been used on previous USCIS applications that you have submitted 
  • Your date of birth and country of birth (if not the U.S.)
  • A completed Privacy Authorization Form 

Please understand that neither I nor my staff can dispense legal advice on how to handle a USCIS case. You may want to contact an attorney that specializes in immigration related issues or immigration law if you need more specific assistance or legal advice of any kind.

How can an individual become a citizen of the United States?
The United States has a long history of welcoming immigrants from all parts of the world.  America values the contributions of immigrants who continue to enrich this country and preserve its legacy as a land of freedom and opportunity. However, to become a citizen of the United States you must have been born in the United States or certain territories or outlying possessions of the United States or had a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth. To become a citizen after birth you must apply for naturalization. 

Where can I obtain USCIS forms?
There are a variety of forms you may need to file for the USCIS.  Any forms you may need to complete for your USCIS application can be obtained by calling the USCIS toll-free at 1-800-870-3676. You may also visit the USCIS’s Forms webpage to obtain all forms. This site also provides filling fees for each application. My Hanford office also can send you a form.

Is there a way to check my case status?
Yes. The Case Status Page on the USCIS website allows you to check the status of your case as well as register for automatic case status updates by email or text message by creating an account. On this page you can also view standard processing types depending on form filed. 

Where can I find information on international adoptions?
The Adoption Page on the USCIS website provides information on international adoption. This includes information on the different processes for international adoption, background checks, and tips for bringing your internationally adopted child to the United States.

Where can I find information on working in the United States?
The United States welcomes thousands of foreign workers in multiple occupations or employment categories each year. Each employment category for admission has different requirements, conditions and authorized periods of stay. It is important that you adhere to the terms of your application or petition for admission and visa. Any violation can result in removal or denial of re-entry into the United States.

The Working in the US Page on the USCIS website provides detailed information on this issue.

Where can I find more information on becoming a United States Citizen?
The USCIS website discusses all aspects of becoming a United States Citizen including the naturalization test, citizenship for military members, and dual citizenship. 

How can I find out if there is a visa available for me?
The Visa Bulletin offers information on how immigrant visas are limited and cut off dates for these visas. This information can be found on the Department of State’s website.

How do I check the Status of my naturalization or Green Card Application?

To check the status of your naturalization or Green Card application, or to learn more about the expected processing time, visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration website’s Check Status Section.

Where can I get information on immigration laws?

For information on laws, regulations and interpretations of laws controlling immigration, visit the USCIS website’s Laws Section. Here you can also find a copy of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
U.S. Congressman David G. Valadao

Stay Connected