Home / services / Assistance With a Federal Agency

Assistance With a Federal Agency

Navigating the bureaucracy of the federal government can be frustrating. As your Congressman, one of my most important responsibilities is to serve as a link between you and the federal government. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person’s behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape.

If you are experiencing difficulties with a federal agency, or have questions about the way the government can help with an issue, you can contact my office and we will do everything we can to get you the information you need.


If you need assistance working with a federal agency directly, my office can assist you by serving as a link between you and the appropriate government agency. I cannot however override agency decisions, assist with state or local government matters, provide council for judicial matters, or intervene in disputes between private entities. However, my staff and I are happy to assist you and provide you with appropriate resources and information to resolve these matters. Be sure to keep records of all correspondence you have with the federal agency as well as my office throughout this process.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, a Privacy Authorization Form must first be completed in order for my office to assist you with any casework. Please download and print the appropriate Privacy Authorization Form for your request:
General Privacy Release Form 
Immigration Privacy Release Form 
Social Security Privacy Release Form

Completed forms, as well as relevant documents, may be mailed or faxed to:

Congressman David G. Valadao
101 North Irwin Street, Suite 110 B
Hanford, California 93230

For general information and to initiate the process, please visit the pages below. These pages provide information on the process, required forms, and a basic overview of these agencies. As always my staff and I are here to assist you. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact my Hanford office at (559) 582-5526.

If you would like any of the information provided below in Spanish, or if you would like to receive assistance dealing with a federal agency from a bilingual member of my staff, please contact my office in Hanford. You can also visit our Spanish portal for even more information! 





Passports and Travel Abroad

Postal Service

Social Security and Medicare

Veterans Affairs

For additional information on our government, please review the following resources. Below you will find additional information on the federal government, including links to all United States Federal Departments, an index of all federal agencies, and other useful resources.

Executive Departments of the United States

Departments of State          

Department of the Treasury         

Department of Defense      

Department of Justice

Department of the Interior             

Department of Agriculture         

Department of Commerce  

Department of Labor            

Department of Health and Human Services            

Department of Housing and Urban Development 

Department of Transportation 

Department of Energy

Department of Education          

Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Homeland Security

Other Resources

Index of all Federal Government Agencies

U.S. Congressman David G. Valadao

Stay Connected